The 'Victorian Cottage' 2010
In 2009 we started to build our new ' Victorian cottage' giving us a new challenge and opportunity to be very ‘ environmentally conscious” including:
- passive solar system, ground storage
- solar heated concrete pad, some solar outdoor lighting
- high spec. insulation
- double glazed Low E windows and doors, all with fly screens, double glazed skylights
- all new ‘Energy Star’ appliances
- recycled old rimu front door and wall panels as well as making some of our furniture from this recycled wood.
- low flow shower heads, dual flush toilets
- gardens designed for no or low water, herb and vegetable gardens as well as a large native garden
- board walks were also used for tree protection
We encourage our guests to offer us new and exciting ideas on sustainability.
We are committed to the future of an 'unspoilt' New Zealand.